Thursday 25 November 2010

Happy Thanksgiving to all the rabbit's American readers...

zwani.com myspace graphic comments


The rabbit would like to take this opportunity to wish all his American readers a Happy Thanksgiving! He now actually knows when it is (we don't have it here - I suppose the nearest equivalent is Harvest Festival - a very low key event by comparison). It's always the fourth Thursday in November! Unless you are in Canada apparently. The day after Thanksgiving is known as Black Friday (the rabbit has also learned) and is the busiest day of the year if you are a plumber. This is perhaps not a thought to dwell on.

And as to what was going on below, the rabbit draws a discreet veil...


Okay, one more turkey related image...


As a parting shot and on a totally different topic, Mahal draws the rabbit's attention to Miss Plastic 2010 - an event in Hungary for, er, surgically enhanced contestants. Below is a clip for the 2009 version of this auspicious event. 'Nuff said...


8 comments:

JoJo said...

Thank you for the Thanksgiving greetings. This has always been my fave holiday weekend, although I don't go near the shops on Friday. It's absolute insanity. Now stores are opening at 10 pm tonite, and at midnight with 'door buster sales till 3 am!!'

savannah said...

thanks for the laugh, sugar! xoxoxo

Catch Her in the Wry said...

I almost posted that same turkey lamp picture on my blog, but I decided to go in the direction of turkey parts since people around here are so obsessed with eating today.

Some stores are now open on Thanksgiving Day offering Black Friday discounts. It is sickening to watch people wait in line for hours and then stampede into the stores when they open. People have gotten hurt and killed. I stay away from stores during the holiday season and buy most gifts throughout the year and fill in with some shopping on-line in December - no lines and no crazy people to deal with then.

As regards to the Miss Plastic, I wonder who gets the winning prizes, the girl or her surgeon? I noticed the men were squirming in their seats with excitement. Perhaps the production company was blowing pumpkin pie aromas into the theater.

sybil law said...

Thanks for the greetings! It was delicious, and I ate my weight in food. :)
Miss Plastic? GAH! That is fricking awful! The soundtrack alone must've set them back at least $5. Seriously. That is hysterical, and awful.
Also, is it just their bodies? Some of the girls were not very pretty to be all plastic.

Petit fleur said...

Thank you kind Sir. I have long been a Thanksgiving curmudgeon... I have learned to reframe it for myself, but the whole breaking bread with the natives then committing mass genocide, then celebrating it each year... I just couldn't dig on that denial.

It is good to give thanks, so we do. And for Harley's sake we do special things and scam turkey dinner off of friends who have leftovers to burn.

Good times.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend your own self and be safe during black Friday. (We have it too, I stay off the roads)
xo

Petit fleur said...

PS Ms Catch Her,

I was wondering the same thing about the Ms Plastic! It's a strange new world isn't it?

tony said...

Stepford Wives Without Clothes!

JoJo said...

BTW, my dad was a plumber and I don't remember him being especially busy the day after Thanksgiving. But then again I usually wasn't home that day either so maybe he was.