Wednesday 10 March 2010

You thought the squid thing was bad?



How horrid is that? The background is that My Little Tony Blair has produced a memoir (for a reported £5 million) called The Journey. Beau Bo D'Or (link to left) has produced a mock cover, mostly echoing the infamous pic of John Lennon and Yoko Ono in bed (which if anything was even worse).




Oh and with Hat Tip to Charon QC, a weird story relating to the recent two day civil servants' strike in which scabs - sorry civil servants working through the strike - were told to imitate answering machines when answering the phone. One civil servant working through the strike's opening gambit to the rabbit was 'you are?' This was in person at a certain court where some of the staff were on strike and not on the phone, I say by way of explanation. I don't quite know why but there is something about 'you are?' meaning 'what is your name?' that sets my teeth on edge. It just sounds so arsey. Fortunately the civil servant working through the strike did not get the business end of a picket's placard lodged in the fundament due to exemplary restraint on the part of the rabbit.


After all that unpleasantness, I see that I'm off to Tamworth tomorrow. I've blogged on the Tamworth pig before, Here are some Tamworth piglets. Endearing or what?


9 comments:

Petit fleur said...

Oh that photo (Not the pigs) is putrid and vile... and yet, it's genius! I love it and hate it simultaneously!

The piggies, are precious. All babies are, no?

Thanks for sharing, as always.

Peace and have a safe journey your own self,
pf

JoJo said...

OK the first photo? EW. lol

As one who is sick and tired of idiot clients launching into a 5 minute story prior to identifying themselves, I say in my own snarky way, "And you are...?" all the time.

Wookit da widdle piggehs!!! So cute!

Laci the Chinese Crested said...

The Dubious Bush-Blair Weasel pic puts a new meaning to the "special relationship", but Britain has always gotten the shaft in this deal.

I'm with Jo Jo as the clients do call and start ranting about their cases when the brief is conspicuously absent from my presence. Unfortunately, I am less polite and it's along the lines of "who the eff are you?"

Lovely piggies.

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

OH SWEET JESUS! THAT IMAGE IS BURNED ONTO MY EYES! PLEASE STOP THE IMAGES! IT HURTS!

KAZ said...

Yo Blair!
Now we get it.
'You are?' ... how annoying.
Like the cold callers who start with 'Are you the householder?'

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Hey, White Rabbit, I know you go over to Savannah a lot, seems she has made it subscribers only, any news on that sir?

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Have fun in Tamworth. Sounds like a fucking good time to me. NOT.

Love the Blair/Bush photo. Wish I had found it first. ROBBED!

SB

savannah said...

whoa, thought i left a comment earlier...*yikes*...maybe it was the eye bleach i needed, anyway, blog is open, it was a mistake. xoxoxo

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

^

Cool.