Saturday 10 May 2008

A little modesty in order...









I noticed that hits for white rabbit have gone over the 10,000 mark. Not bad for a blog that was only started on New Year's Day, I told myself. I then noticed that Earl's Bug Eyed Blog (link to left) has had 9,858 comments - or harumphs as he would have it - since January 20. The ratio of hits to comments must be very low indeed so Earl, deservedly, must be having a phenomenal number of hits.

Then I looked at The Corridor - a cricket blog (as in the sport Americanpersons - link again to left) site meter - 1,069,577 :-O

A little modesty in order - can't compete with that...

I wonder what blogs have the highest number of hits?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think very many more people surf in to Perv a Blog than those that ACTUALLY comment, but it is rather nice, amid ones own site traffic, to spot the strong but silent regulars, the regular commenters and the fly by night surfer who happened to arrive at your corner of the Ether purely by accident.
For what its worth, WR, you may consider me a devoted reader! :)

Android said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Android said...

The largest number of page views I had in a day was 102 (yesterday :o )

Verdant Earl said...

I've had my blog for quite a while now. I've changed the template a few times and one of those times I lost my old hit counter. So I added a new one on Jan. 20th and started from scratch.

I don't really understand the "hits" really. The stat counter site says I have something like 6000 unique visitors since I signed up as well.

Don't know what that means either.

I honestly think most of the hits come from me refreshing the page a half-dozen times a day. :(

Verdant Earl said...

Oooh, I just read this again and I realize that I call both my comments and my hit counter "harumphs".

Sorry for the confusion. 9858 is the total number of hits since Jan. 20th, not comments.

That Hank said...

Of course, I may have accounted for 1000 of those hits.

white rabbit said...

Earl/Hank - I think at least 1,000 of the hits must be me fiddling ineptly with the blog....