Saturday 20 February 2010

okayyyyyyyyy politics is banned for a while....




I think I'm confusing overseas readers. By way of explanation, there is an election coming up here and the poster war that has commenced in anticipation of that event has turned into a spoof poster war which has gone completely viral. I hereby ban (a) any more spoof posters and (b) any politics in general for a while. Best to get back to being silly. The above is a fire tender of the San Francisco Fire Department, a splendid looking vehicle, I'm sure you'll all agree. Just above the grille thingy is a logo. Below is the logo close up.




For the uninitated, the skull with the lightning flash and red and blue semi-circles is called a stealie. The stealie is to do with the Grateful Dead, a popular beat combo and former residents of Haight-Ashbury. Now how cool is that on the part of the San Francisco Fire Department? Hat Tip to JoJo whose ankle led me to this discovery (so to speak). Okay, just one more spoof poster


That was totally definitely the last one. I promise to seek professional help. Clifford Singer, the guy who has been doing the My David Cameron stuff has decided enough is enough too. He gives his reasons in the linked piece.

5 comments:

savannah said...

sadly, that's about the hippest thing left in the haight-ashbury district now, sugar! xoxoxo

vw:tardove

tony said...

the Best Bloody Beat Combo Ever!

Verdant Earl said...

Yeah, I've had no clue what you
be been writing about for a while now. The last Tories in our country died out over two centures ago. :)

JoJo said...

Yes, it's true, that's the Haight's Fire Dept. logo. I used to love going to Haight Street in the early 90's, to shop, but the neighborhood has really deteriorated. Distractions Too actually bought a bunch of my beaded jewelry to sell in their store. Positively Haight Street is my fave store.

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Hey, we have to live America's politics enough, sure your non-Brit readers can live with ours for a bit.