Thursday 14 January 2010

Okay - out of inspiration so bizarre album covers it is...


This is by a Brazilian heavy metal band called Selptura (Portugese for grave it turns out). It's traditional for Mr Satan to do one appearance in each instalment of the bizarre album covers thread so here he is again. he seems to have grown a second set of horns for some reason - all very odd. Wikipedia announces that
'their debut full-length album, Morbid Visions, which is widely considered as one of the first pure death metal albums was initially released in the United States on New Renaissance Records, a record label owned by Anne Boleyn' Huh? I thought she was decapitated in 1536. Different Anne Boleyn it turns out. Here is the original not getting decapitated yet from The Tudors...














Oh dear me! This is not good! Are they all drunk? They look to be very well equipped with large drinks - the men anyway. Plus the dog who featured in Songs For Gay Dogs seems to have made a reappearance centre stage.


It is also traditional to have one gospel album cover on display per posting. The hairdos probably contravene some international convention prohibiting that sort of thing. Some wag comments it's also nice to see the young Stephen Fry in drag.




Okay - let's have a gospel double header this time. This is Tammy Fae Bakker - dodgy ex-wife of the equally dodgy Jim Bakker (she's dead now and he copped 45 years in the nick for fraud - they know how to dish out the bird those Americans). Why she is puckering up to snog the lion remains a mystery. The lion looks suitably unimpressed.






Is this not horrid? No, I have no idea why the upside down plastic doll. I don't want to know either.


If anything this is worse. Words fail me. Enough! I think I've grossed myself out here. Time to lie down or something...

13 comments:

Slyde said...

those were fucking OUTSTANING!

i think i need to start the new york chapter of the Richard and Willie fan club!

JoJo said...

Oh dear lord. Just when I think you can't dig up any more wretched album covers, you find more. lol

All I can say about this latest selection is: CREE-PEE!

white rabbit said...

Slyde - I think you should too...

JoJo - I'm sorry. They are a particularly nasty lot aren't they? It's sort of like a car crash - you don't want to look but something compels you to.

Catch Her in the Wry said...

I'm trying to figure out how she's doing all three of them in that last picture? Perhaps she has 3 mouths or those dummies are longer than they look.

white rabbit said...

Catchy!!!

REALLY!!!

I'M SHOCKED!!!

:-O

Verdant Earl said...

That Xiu Xiu pic is gonna haunt my nightmares for a good while now. Thanks a bunch.

JoJo said...

WR - yes I'm fine....I changed my blog URL and thought that people would be automatically directed to the new URL. Not so, apparently. I lost my blog roll too!

I'm at: tahomabeadworks.blogspot.com

savannah said...

eyebleacheyebleacheyebleach!!!!

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Jesus use me?

Use them for what?

My suggestion is using all that hair for a mop to clean up heaven.

tony said...

Whatever Became Of Richard's Willie ?

Unknown said...

Wild and freaky. I'm happy to report I was familiar with none of them.

KAZ said...

If they had beheaded the Faith Tones instead of Anne Boleyn, they could have stuffed a few cushions with those beehives.

white rabbit said...

Earl - Serves you right for having the baseball - difficult - topic on your quiz.

JoJo - Good - wondered what had happened.

Savvy - sorry!

Daniel/Kaz - The hair is really quite something - and not a good something either.

Tony - probably got bitten off by the young woman at the foot of the cover.

Mike - me neither.