Friday 8 January 2010

Jonathan Ross and dog and bizarre stuff...





I can't find words to express my indifference to the announcement that Jonathan Ross is leaving the BBC. The only slight regret is that it probably will be that witless pillock Graham Norton taking over Ross's Friday evening slot by some arcane process of elimination. Above is Beau Bo D'Or strutting his stuff with Ross and Russell Brand as Brady and Hindley (a couple of notorious 1960s serial child killers overseas persons). With Hat Tip to Sarcastic Bastard, I can't help smiling at the pic below. Maybe the dog should get the 10.30pm Friday night BBC1 slot.



Oh and as a parting shot, here (nicked from Earl - link to - well you know) here is The Sandman, a short film done in the style of a German expressionist silent film. It is meant to illustrate Freud's theory of 'the uncanny' and is based on ETA Hoffmann's short story of the same name. Mostly, it's just seriously weird.

6 comments:

St Jude said...

I am firmly with you on the 'Ross' front. That picture of the 'boys' as Brady and Hindley is priceless.

simply wondered said...

you just have to hope there is a baby in that babygro.

savannah said...

a very different way to end a very different week, sugar! xoxoxo

Findon said...

Never saw the thing about Ross and his passing certainly will not affect me, I never watched. I wonder if in the past, it was all about celebrity and not about acts, seems so today certainly. Of course fred the shred is the exception that proves the rule.

JoJo said...

What do you have against Graham Norton? I think his show is a freakin HOOT!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Thanks for the mention, but leave off of Graham Norton. He is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE chat show host. I never miss his show. He would fit right in with my family. The Moms and I adore him. I once proposed he and I do a travel show together.

Ross was a nice guy, but kind of boring, I thought. His chorus of gay men was great though. Loved them.