Saturday 18 September 2010

Saturday musings...







The rabbit can attest to the efficacy of the 'chainsmoke yourself through seperation and divorce and all sorts of associated grief' diet. Works a treat. Trust me on this - just watch the pounds fall off. The problem is that on regaining some equilibrium and stopping smoking (stopping smoking is easy - I've done it loads of times - but I think this time it's for real - eighteen months without a single craving) and the pounds pile back on again. So I decided to do something about it. I haven't gone on a structured diet but I eat lots of fruit and veg and very little red meat or bread. Beer has been rationed to two evenings a week and I allow myself fish and chips once a week plus the occasional Tunnocks teacake with a light lunch.

I reckon I'm doing 1,500-1,800 calories a day. I'm also doing some serious gym work. I actually enjoy the gym. Okay I hate the 20 minutes on the static bike but I love giving the weights some humpty. There is of course always canned music. Like I suppose everybody else, I respond to some songs more than others. Today Squeeze's Up The Junction came on. And there it is above. Notice the young Jools Holland. The song reminds me of my spiritual home of Clapham (South London for overseas readers) and the lyrics are a gem. A wonderfully English piece of whimsy.

'I’d beg for some forgiveness
But begging’s not my business'

Me neither. The rabbit being a dreadful old namedropper, he announces that someone he knows (and has blogged about but the rabbit lips are sealed) knows Jools Holland and has a story of an evening spent with Jools and Chuck Berry at the Park Lane Hilton. Ever the soul of discretion, the rabbit is saying nuffin except that it sounded like a good evening and the rabbit would have tagged along. However - oh all right - if you insist...







The rabbit is hugely entertained by Christine O'Donnell and has signed up to join Team Christine on her website. As the rabbit's membership is still pending approval best behaviour is in order - at least for the moment! The rabbit will when duly approved propose setting up Un-Americans for Christine and seek her advice. I gather Christine has had financial problems in the past (thus endearing her to the rabbit - as Oscar Wilde said 'those who live within their means suffer from a lack of imagination' - and am anxious to take Christine's advice as to whether to bother paying my next VAT bill as she evidently also takes a dim view of tax. I also intend to express my eager anticipation of Christine's first speech to the US Senate on the subject of twanging the wire. Sensibly, she is also against that sort of thing. The rabbit will keep the readership posed (posed is a typo - I meant posted - but I quite like it!)!

10 comments:

Catch Her in the Wry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sybil law said...

I think I love the rabbit.

Squeeze!
I am looking forward to your fun with Christine O'Donnell. :D

Verdant Earl said...

I love how every negative article on Ms. O'Donnell includes a picture of her laughing or, er, something with her mouth as wide open as can be. As if preparing for oral with a large member...of the Tea Party, that is. ;)

white rabbit said...

Catchy - I shall buy a pacifier immediately. Do you think it would attract odd looks if I had it in my mouth on the street? Probably not.

Catchy/Sybil - Good news! I have been approved as a member of Team Christine and can post comments on the discussion forum! I shall ease myself in gently (so to speak) and step up the surrealism factor and see how long it is before they realise I am - erm - taking the piss.

Earl - Please!! Christine does not approve of that sort of talk. Best behaviour please!!!

Tsk!!!

JoJo said...

By the by, there was a huge march on Wilmington today, by the pro masterbaters. Only in america. lol

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

You really can't go wrong with a bit of Squeeze can you?

white rabbit said...

Catchy - Sorry deleted your post ny accident while firefighting troll problem on I-phone

white rabbit said...

Here is Catchy's comment accidentally deleted while dealing with Troll attack through the wonder of copy and paste...


It is very difficult to diet or quit smoking if one is inclined to oral fixations. Try using a pacifier (binky).

Miss Christine may pay a great deal of attention to an overseas admirer if he wires her a large sum of money. Your readers know how much you like a pretty face irregardless if there are any brains behind it. I am eagerly anticipating posts about this relationship.

Minx said...

As someone who is FORCED by the Quacks to hit the gym ( but actually rather enjoys it) and being instructed to do so in a 'use it or loose it' ( i.e keep moving or sit in a wheelchair)sort of way, may I point out that you do not have to suffer the indignity of canned music when you can put together your own ( motivational) playlist on an I-pod and exercise to your hearts content! Works for me, I must say!
(ps: word captcha - Coema; does your varification thingie know something that I dont?!?)

white rabbit said...

Your Minxicity - Good point except I don't actually possess an I-pod. Perhaps I'll get myself one for Christmas...