Friday, 22 February 2008
By Beau Bo d'Or out of Banksy - class as usual! http://www.bbdo.co.uk/blog/
As regards rendition, it goes something like this:
1. The UK doesn't allow UK territory to be used for US rendition flights - at least without permission and in fact it hasn't happened at all. Well known fact - everyone knows that.
2. We know this to be the case because a procession of Government ministers have said so - which is nice. Among others, Tony Bliar said so, which is of course hugely reassuring.
3. David Miliband - Foreign Secretary and seemingly one of the less obnoxious members of the ruling junta has just had to eat a huge amount of humble pie.
4. Woops! Those naughty Americans used a British air base to render a couple of characters without telling their staunchest - and of course hugely valued - ally.
5. Mr Miliband pronounces himself 'disappointed'.
6. Any suggestion that the US administration/CIA regards the UK Government as a collection of supine lickspittles to be treated just as they feel like is of course to be deprecated.